New visiting regulations
Since 31 May 2022, visits by relatives are possible under the following conditions:
- Up to two visitors per day
- Visiting hours from 2 pm to 7 pm
- All visitors need a current test with official certification from a recognised test centre.
- The MHH does not provide a test offer, test options can be found here on the pages of the City of Hanover (in German).
- Please observe the hygiene rules!
The special regulations for children’s hospital, maternity hospital and palliative medicine remain in place, see details below.
Patients in the outpatient clinics are not required to take a test. Accompanying persons are currently not permitted, but if an accompanying person is nevertheless necessary for medical or social reasons, there is also no obligation to test for this accompanying person.
For questions, visitors can contact the visitor hotline at (0511) 532-5100, Monday to Thursday from 7.30 am to 4 pm and Friday from 7.30 am to 2.30 pm.
Regulation for delivery room, paediatric clinic and palliative care unit
At the MHH Children's Hospital the rule is: One fixed visitor per patient for the entire stay. Exceptions to this visitor rule are possible for the palliative medical situation as well as for accompanying dying patients.
One and the same accompanying person/partner may:
- in the delivery room for the birth
- in the operating theatre for a caesarean section (sectio).
The accompanying person must be fully vaccinated, recovered or tested negative on the day (test from a recognized test center required).
- The childbearers are tested for COVID-19 by us when they are admitted to childbirth. In the event of a negative test result, the mouth-nose protection can then be dispensed with during childbirth. The accompanying person and the obstetric team continue to wear an MNS!
- During outpatient appointments/performances, your companion must wait in front of the clinic.
- For important joint decisions (e.B. birth mode meeting), your accompanying person will be called to the examination room for a joint discussion with the doctor.
1. Visiting hours for fathers 14-19h
2. One additional person 15-18h
3. Family rooms are available again
4. Visits by siblings are still not possible on the mother-child ward.
5. Every visitor needs a test regardless of the vaccination or recovered status
The MHH visitor regulations apply to Stat. 84 and 83.